Develop Azure Platform as a Service compute solutions
In this course students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to implement Azure PaaS services and features in their development solutions.
About This Course
This course is part of a series of six courses to help you prepare for Microsoft's Azure Developer certification exam AZ-203: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure. These courses are designed for developers who already know how to code in at least one of the Azure-supported languages.
In this course students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to implement Azure Platform as a Service features and services in their development solutions. Students will learn how to create and manage Azure App Service resources, integrate push and offline sync in their mobile apps, and how to document an API. Students will also learn how to create and test Azure Functions.
What You’ll Learn：
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand App Service core concepts and capabilities
- Know how to create App Service web apps by using Azure CLI, Azure Portal, and PowerShell.
- Be able to create continuous and triggered WebJobs
- Push their app on to the Mobile App service
- How to register apps for push notifications
- Know how to create an APIM instance and create a new API
- Know how to use Swashbuckle to create Swagger objects in ASP.NET Core
- Understand the core features and functionality of Azure Functions
- Be able to create functions, bindings, and triggers
- Know common patters for Durable Functions and be able to create them
Before attending this course, students must have:
Students should have 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a fundamental knowledge of Azure.
It is recommended that students have some experience with PowerShell or Azure CLI, working in the Azure portal, and with at least one Azure-supported programming language. Most of the examples in this course are presented in C\# .NET.
Module 1: Create App Service web apps
- Azure App Service core concepts
- Creating an Azure App Service web app
- Creating background tasks by using WebJobs in Azure App Service
Module 2: Creating Azure App Service mobile apps**
- Getting started with mobile apps in App Service
- Enable push notifications for your app
- Enable offline sync for your app
Module 3: Create Azure App Service API apps**
- Creating APIs
- Using Swagger to document an API
Module 4: Implement Azure Functions**
- Azure Functions overview
- Develop Azure Functions using Visual Studio Implement durable functions